merci WC

Witch Craft wrote:

> Actually, GM's and coaches are allowed to have discussions with each
> other during the lockout, they just can't converse with the players,
> with a few exceptions.  Therefor, one should expect a lot of deals
> to be initiated after the stalemate is finished.  Especially from our
> very own Trader Rick.  Do you think he's becoming restless?
> WC

Thanks, WitchC for the info.

If that's the case, then the day the lock-out is lifted should be pretty
interesting for sure! I doubt the Celtics won't be involved in a
surprising trade or two. RP won't waste a second getting the line-up he
wants ready for his IV-inducing boot camp, considering how important
conditioning is for the success of next year's team.

Incidentally, I don't think "Trader Rick" is all that impulsive on the
whole. At the time, I thought the Bruce Bowen and Andrew DeClerq deals
were some kind of ridiculous joke, considering the loss of young
veterans like Eric Williams, Rick Fox and David Wesley. But as a result,
we are just far enough under the cap to 1) get a decent FA center 2)
discourage other teams that want to raid us for talent we pretend we
can't afford.

Go '99 Celts,

Joe Hironaka
Paris

p.s. The other day I acted out Antoine's wiggle in front of loved ones
(my wife Cheryl and my sister Eko), and they both concluded that the
Celtics franchise player basically sounded like an immature 21-year-old
showboater.  They felt that the wiggle was unnecessary and distracting,
although not on the scale of Dikimbe's finger wag (in the end, Toine
isn't publically taunting anyone). Personally, I  think they were
unimpressed with my version of the wiggle, which probably looked like a
Japanese person shivering after a serious pee.  Try the wiggle you
non-black list members, it ain't easy!

***