RE: question

>  Especially from our
> very own Trader Rick.  Do you think he's becoming restless?

Yes I do. Although I'm unsure of who he's going to try to trade for. Looking
at the Celtics' current roster our current needs are a 3rd string point
guard and a starting and backup center(Declercq and Knight are really power
forwards--they could bulk up though-- and Pervert is perpetually injured).
	I see the Celtics' situation working out in one of two ways, depending on
whether we keep Antoine or not. If we keep Antoine our needs remain the
same. Then we should sign Austin(if we can, if not we'll have to settle for
Geiger), a cheap backup center(I like ancient Alton, he's probably the best
post defender out there for the minimum) and a passable 3rd string
point(Boykins, Crotty etc....).
	If we trade Antoine(preferably for a veteran center in the twilight of his
career, Robinson?[that's probably the best we'll get]) we won't need as
much. We already have Popeye to take over Antoine's rebounding
chores(Robinson or ? will have to take over Antoine's scoring) so we won't
need any else other than tertiary backup players(we'd have to ditch some
combination of Knight, Barros, Minor et al to equal Robinson's contract). We
could snag those from the CBA(Acie Earl for comic relief during warm-ups?
Would Thomas Hamilton jiggle up and down the parquet again?).
	Either way I think the Celtics will win... in the short term. Personally I
prefer keeping Antoine. In a league with fewer stars Antoine seems poised to
be one of the players that takes over the NBA at the millennium(if the Y2K
bug doesn't destroy society first). Even though Robinson might mean one or
two championships now a few mended fences and a new contract for Antoine
later the Celtics could be on the verge of starting the next dynasty. That
would be far more gratifying.

Noah