Re: Larry Bird's Rocket Comments

 An interesting example of other teams getting motivated by stupid antics
is the war going on between Miami and New York. I believe it was Alan
Houston who started it (I could have the wrong player). Anyway, whomever it
was made a slash mark across his throat after a big basket as if to
indicate that this was the end for Miami (in that game anyway). The next
game,  Eric Murdoch answered in kind and his teammates (Hardaway and
Mourning in particular) were furious at him for doing it back. Murdoch
responded by saying it was bad timing (noticeably absent was his regret for
doing it at ALL). His teammates let him know that his actions simply fueled
the fire in NY's belly to beat Miami. I remember being surprised at Zo and
Tim's strong reaction (well, they lost so maybe that did it.)

I think that is the type of thing that Cecil is alluding to when he talks
about Walker. It's scary to think that he will be the one (in several
years) that will tell guys NOT to do that kind of thing...but will he?
Will he EVER know better? Is it maturity or judgement? Some people lack it
their whole lives.

Theresa

Antoine could be great.  Time will tell, but we know where he is on the
arrogance