Re: Larry Bird's Rocket Comments

DMercon wrote:

> I believe the Larry Bird quote "eat shit" was taken out of context.  He didn't
> just make that statement, it was in response to Malone's comment that he could
> go to a playground and pick 4 guys and with himself they could beat the
> Celtics.  Maybe not the best choice of words, but not exactly like Mr. Hart
> insinuated.

Does that excuse Larry from making the comment or does it just show his
immaturity at a young age. I only stated this because an awful lot of
people on this list are on Antoine's case for showing immaturity. It is
my feeling that I want Antoine to be arrogant when playing Basketball as
long as it doesn't spill over to off court behavior. But I guess maybe
most people on this list want a bunch of do gooders to play for the
Celtics. I for one don't. All the great teams in my memory all had
players that showed an arrogance and confidence while playing. Think
about it, that is what builds champion teams. Now we have people who
want to let Antoine leave to another team using phony statistics as an
excuse, but in reality do not like his attitude and personality. My real
hope is now that we sign him and then work on Mercers personality and
get him to show a bit of a swagger on the court.
We could have in our midst 2 of the top 10 players to come on to any
team of the same age since the Bulls Jordan/Pippen duo.
Regards,
Hart