Re: free agents

At 11:37 PM 4/27/98 -0300, Cecil Wright wrote:
>McDyess is just a pipe dream of mine I guess.  I agree that they will need a
>big fella to defend in a half-court set, but I don't know if paying a guy
>with a bad back big bucks to do so is a good investment.
>
>Though he is near the twilight of his career, I'd almost rather go after
>Sabonis.
<snip>

The name Michael Smith is conspicuous by it's absence from these
discussions. Hard worker, especially on defense, cheaper than many of the
options being discussed, who would provide a much more solid paint presence
than we have now. We don;t nevessarily need the best center available to
take major steps forward, What we need is a reliable body to discourage
layup drills by scrubs by simply occupying the paint when the press or traps
break down, that is capable of putting in more bunnies than he misses.
Anything beyond that is gravy. Just a thought...

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net