Signing Antoine or Pitino the big mistake?

>If they haven't seen enough of Walker to make the right decision they should
>quit there job and watch the grass grow.
>                                                                - Mishra

Again, I absolutely agree. And one more thing. Gaston is paying Pitino how
much? Look, let's be honest about this. The last time Pitino coached a pro
team he got fired because the GM of the Knicks wasn't sold on "Pitino
ball." You know what guys? Maybe he was right. You know what? Can anybody
honestly say that Pitino's the guy you want devising and coaching a
slow-down half-court offense? Everybody in the NBA says that the playoffs
are about half-court / grinding / 24 sec. clock eating basketball. George
Karl makes a good point, I think, when he says that veterans win in the
NBA, and that there aren't any veterans who are going to be able to play
"Pitino ball" for a full season. And if it's true, where does that leave
Pitino? Where does that leave the Celtics? And Pitino as a GM? Gaston gave
this guy the franchise, for the next, what, seven years? That's not a risk?
Compared to signing Walker? Now, I know that Walker might be "immature,"
but guys, the kid has undeniable talent, and a ton of it. People grow up.
They mature and it's amazing how often it happens all over the world. This
isn't the NCAA. In the NBA talent wins. You don't ever give up on a player
with as much talent as Walker. If I'm Gaston, I'm going to put my money
where it does the most good. Sure you're taking a chance signing a player
to a huge contract that puts you over the salary-cap for years. But
Walker's proven he can score, rebound, handle the ball, pass, come up big
with the game on the line...and he's only 22. Pitino's done what in the
NBA? Of course they're going to wait until the CBA negotiations are over.
But....the kid's getting huge bucks because he's got the talent that's
absolutely needed to win in the NBA. Are we all sure about Pitino?

Paul M.