Re: Pitino weighs in on Antoine's (im)maturity

At 08:13 4/16/98 , RSMALL@clarku.edu wrote:

>>	"It all works out, it's just a matter of getting older, getting
>>	wiser, knowing what to do, what not to do.  Just picture all
>>	yourselves at 21 years of age, what you looked like and what
>>	you did."
>>

>At 21 I was not being paid millions of dollars to be professional.  I also
was
>not allowed to act like that at my JOB.

>And I know I will get flamed for this, but he still reminds me of Dominique.

>P.S.  I'm still not making a million dollars, but I still have to be
>professional at my job.

Nope no flames but I have to comment that most peoples behavior at work can
not be compared to sports players. We are talking about youthful exuberance
not some unethical or illegal behavior. I have worked with alot of boorish
people in my time and while I may have inwardly despised them for their
behavior they were still doing their job! Most of these people were young
and learned with age and experience to temper their actions. But I
reiterate they were doing their jobs so they didn't get fired or suspended.
Toine is doing his job and whether we like his actions or not  regarding
his celebrating is well pretty meaningless. He is only 21 and as RP has
stated he will learn and mature as time goes on. Look he isn't head butting
anyone or punching or kicking camera men like some other looked up too
athletes have done. They were all much older than Antoine when committing
their acts of stupidity but they pretty much learned from their errors of
judgement and modified their behavior  for the better.As we have stated
before this is a dead horse and while I don't mind the wiggle some of his
more elaborate celebrating tends to  make me uneasy. I must reiterate that
he is breaking no laws, playing pretty good ball and will hopefully not
feel the need to be so flamboyant in his celebrating as he gains experience
and maturity.I for one enjoy his talent and hope he resigns with our team.
Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike