RE>Re: Walker should just leave. -Reply

                      RE>Re: Walker should just leave. -Reply      4/15/98
Trust me, I hold Celts tradition as dear as anyone, but Walker doesn't violate that. He is exuberant after a win, despondent after a loss. He gives his all on the court, and he's not a knucklehead off it. Who cares if he chooses to express himself on court? He's an excitable kid and we should be glad to have him. This is not the same league as it was, and surely not the same team. It is Celtics pride 90s style.
--------------------------------------
Date: 4/15/98 11:14 am
To: Jesse Haley
From: Ryan Falcone
Dan Parker:

You're right on with your assessment of Walker.  His ostentatious
grandstanding has bothered me all year.
A few weeks back,  a mini-debate arose as to whether or not Walker's
"wiggle" was appropriate.  I was surprised to see that few list members
disapproved of his antics;  in fact, the general consensus seemed to be
in favor of such conduct.

The thing that stood out in my mind most clearly was Walker dancing on
the media table after a narrow Boston win.  The Celts of old wouldn't
have put up with a peacock.  Maybe a better question to ask would be
whether or not that type of behavior is a fitting legacy to Celtic tradition.

I, for one, emphatically vote no.  Again, great posting, Dan.

Ryan

RFC-822 Header:
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:04:46 -0500
From: Ryan Falcone <FalconeR@nvg.com>