Re: McDyess a Ball Hog

-----Original Message-----
From: mpm_6127@student.tsu.edu <mpm_6127@student.tsu.edu>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Monday, April 13, 1998 5:00 PM
Subject: McDyess a Ball Hog

>Recently i've noticed that Antonio is a BALL HOG. He would not do any good
>for this team because he would be taking all the shots, and besides Antoine
>is a Power Forward, same as McDyess, then we would have to bench McDyess
>which would surely upset him and then be demanded to be traded (via
>Seikly). McDyess is not averaging alot of points right now because of all
>the talent on the Suns. I'm pretty sure Walker wouldn't like playing th
>Small Forward or even Center. Ratliff on the other hand is a good
>dependable CENTER, he will not be a ball hog and give what the Celtics
>need, blocking shots. Joe Smith would also be nice at the Center position
>also because of his height(6-10) and muscle. Same with Geiger.
> -Pranav

This has got to be some sort of a joke.  How can any true fan mention
Antoine in a sentence (Quite a run-on sentence no less) with any player, and
accuse the other of being a ball hog?

Toine has put up 1629 attempts so far this year.  One of the reasons he
hasn't scored too much the last few games could be because his arm is sore
:-)  He has knocked down 684 for a fg% of .420.  One must admit this is not
a good percentage for a forward of his caliber.  As well, for a player who
takes so many shots, he's bound to get to the line, where he's .653 on
296/453 shooting.

McDyess, OTOH, has taken 874 shots, 468 of which were successful.  That's a
fg% of .535.  He also shoots .706 from the line at 221/313.

Abdur-Rahim by comparison has shot 616/1275 from the floor for a fg% of
.483.  He goes .788 at the line on 480/609.  That's right, he's hit 12 more
shots in 265 fewer attempts than Toine.  BTW he has nailed .435 % of his
3's.

Please get serious.

Cecil