Re: Frontline

At 17:07 4/11/98 , Noah Evans wrote:
>krai@gis.net wrote:
>
>> Agree. Big Oliver is by far the most talented of the group (Geiger,
>> Ratliff, Popeye, DCq; don't know much about Traylor). He's an excellent
>> shotblocker for his size and weight, a fine passer and shooter, And, if
anybody could whip him into shape,
>> it would be Ricktator. Is there any interest in Oliver around the league
>> that we'd have to compete with?

 Sorry for all of his talent the Big Zero (From the prediction game!!) is
not worth the headache he will bring to the dance. I watched him here in
Phoenix from his brilliant rookie season where he became an integral part
of almost winning the whole enchilada with the Suns. Then the deterioration
began,  slowly at first then escalating until the Suns had to get rid of
him. He was not a good citizen and his scrapes with the law here were
unseemly at best. I think even RP would be pulling his hair out trying to
reign in Oliver!
 I love his talent when he is in the mood to use it to its fullest but that
is a rare occasion. Well who knows a heavily  incentive laden contract
might be the ticket but I gotta feeling he is just too high maintenance.
Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike