Re-upping Toine

Gleaned from Vecsey's column in todays NY Post
(http://nypostonline.com/sports/1726.htm):

"...WHEN the NBA owners recently elected to reopen negotiations concerning
the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the two dissenters among the 29 voters
were Blazer governor Paul Allen and Celtic chairman Paul Gaston of the
Celtics. Laker chairman Jerry Buss originally was against it, but switched
to show togetherness upon recognizing which way the windwas blowing.
	 At one point during the meeting, each owner was asked to give his team's
gameplan regarding next  season's salary cap and eligible players to be
re-signed or extended. Almost immediately upon getting the floor, Gaston
declared, "I am not an idiot! If any of you are going to pay Antoine Walker
$20 million a year next summer, be my guest. That's your business. But I
want to go on the record, I'm not going to do it! It makes no sense!.."

Bill