Re: Draft

Benjamin and Hughes are both great players, but Hughes is a point guard
(albeit one who was responsible for most of StL's offense this year).
Benjamin, a 6-6 SF, is an excellent athlete and inventive scorer.  I don't
know if he's what Pitino is looking for, though, since he is more of a
slasher and isn't a particularly good 3pt shooter.
Hughes was incredible as a freshman, virtually singlehandedly leading St
Louis to the NCAA 2nd round.  I personally think he could really use
another year of college, but he a heady floor leader who can penetrate and
shoot (tho at times a bit streaky).  I don't think either would be a very
good fit for the C's, except as trade bait.
I never really considered Sheppard an elite player; while his shooting has
certainly improved, to me he's really just an incredible athlete.  He does
have the advantage of possibly becoming part of the ever-growing Kentucky
North!!
peace,
Davide