Re: Duncan (was Re: Antoine Walker)

First off, 500 sportts writers can't be wrong.  Secondly if you want stats
and highligths here you go!

Won the Following awards in 96-97:
Associated Press
National Association of Basketball Coaches Player of the Year
US Basketball Writers Player of the Year
Naismith and Wooden Awardss as the top college player

Named UNANIMIOUSLY, TWICE!  to the All-America First Team (Most recent
player to repeat as a unamimous selection, SHAQ!)

Won The NABC National Defensive player of the Year for THIRD CONSECUTIVE
SEASON.

Ended college career as the First in ACC and second in NCAA history with
481 blocked shots, and third in all time in the ACC in rebounds with 1,570.
 He also became only the 10th player in NCAA division I history to score
2000 points and 1500 rebounds.

As far as stats go.

In 96-97 he averaged 20.8 Pts had 98 assists and 457 rebounds in 31 games.

To conclude, how many top rated centres in the last 15 years have lead
their school to a Championship?  The kid can't be totally blamed for Wake
Forest's loss, there are 11 other players on the team.