Re: Hello?

>Hello?  Anybody out there?  It's gotten very quiet this week, and I'm
>bored.  Didn't the brass say it would be about two weeks before any
>thing else would happen?  And that was two weeks ago.  Does the
>Boston crowd feel any rumblings?  Could anybody really be considering
>a trade for Dee?  And would it be wise (I mean what could we get in
>exchange?) before we see what role Mercer can play?  Does Bowen
>have the agility to play a defensive #2?  What's Purvis's hair look like
>these days?  His toe?  I think I'm contributing to the boredom.
>
>Anonymous

How's this for y'a Gene (don't think you fooled anyone :-)

[found in today's NY Post]

KEMP'S TOO GOOD FOR
     TEAM PITINO

By PETER VECSEY

 LOOKING to latch on to anybody remotely owning an
affection or connection with Kentucky, Rick Pitino
recently took an unsuccessful run at Sonic dis
senter Shawn Kemp. Seattle was asked if it would
consider anyone on Boston's roster, or a combination
of Celtic players, but expressed no interest, whatsoever.

Now I know everyone doesn't always believe Peter (I happen to like him
that's why I read the NY post on Tues, Fri and SUn), but if this is true
its interesting on a couple of fronts:

1.  Seattle supposedly wouldn't take Walker, Mercer and Billups for Kemp?
2.  There's no mention of exempting any of those 3 in "consider anyone on
Boston's roster, or a combination of Celtic players"
3.  Pitino tried to get Kemp (I'd go for it personally).

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Also from Vescey's column:
 BEFORE
sending Eric Williams to the Nuggets for a pair of
second-rounders, the Celts talked at length to the Nets
about a swap for Jayson Williams. John Calipari - still
unsigned by Jersey, by the way - insisted on the
inclusion of a definitive No. 1 pick. But the best Boston
would do was a contingent No. 1, based on its
re-signing of Jayson after this season.

HHMMMMMM.....

more from peter:

Sources say Clipper free agent Bo Outlaw, one of the
league's most intense performers, has agreed to take the
Magic's $1M exception ... Bucks and Magic continue to
discuss the exchange of Sherman Douglas for Dennis
Scott, in his best shape since freshman year at Georgia
Tech. Both players are entering the final year of their
contracts ... Gym rat, reincarnate, Dee Brown, at the
behest of Pitino, is down from 215 to 187, two pounds
short of his coach's objective.

hhhmmmmmmmmm......

Mark