the sporting news article

I read the article concerning the Eric Williams trade.  If it hasn't been
posted yet, it essentially said that Eric Williams was unprofessional in that
he was always late for practices, doctor's appointments, etc..  To continue
someone else's argument, didn't Greg Minor miss half of a summer team game
once?

I have a feeling that Eric Williams never heard a word of complaint out of
Rick Pitino's mouth.  If Pitino laid out the ground rules and said tardiness
is unacceptable, then trading him was the right thing to do (although that
doesn't change the fact that he could still have received more in return than
two second rounders).  I just hope Pitino is communicating effectively with
his players and not making excuses for his questionable moves.  If not, he'll
be leaving a sour taste in their mouths which might lead to the kind of civil
unrest that has troubled John Calipari in New Jersey.

I have to agree with the people who have speculated that some other trades may
be in the works since Billups and Mercer haven't been signed yet.  It seems
like it should have been done by now.  I think he's hoping that Milwaukee or
Seattle will bite on a Billups and/or Mercer plus $3.5M in deadwood for Baker
or Kemp.

Not only do we have 13 players under contract but we also have 4 guys who are
6'2" and under.  I would like to see this resolved before Halloween, but then
since when does what I want dictate Celtic's policy?

That last question was rhetorical,
Jeremy

- --=_ORCL_13621473_0_11919709051651440--