Re: What's up w/ pheonix

I'd still like to see the Celtics acquire Cedric Ceballos, Bryant and
Person or Nash for Ellison, Massenberg  & Barros, Brown, or Edney.

Ceballos would give us another scoring threat and Bryant a player who can
play the 5 position more physical than anyone we currently have.

I think Ceballos and Person are probably gone.  McCloud had a horrible
second half with the Lakers last year.

I still think the non-signings of the rookies means something else is still
in the works, what else could it mean ?

- ----------
> From: Mark Piotrowski <pio@edu15.coe.ufl.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: What's up w/ pheonix
> Date: Wednesday, September 03, 1997 8:20 PM
>
> The Suns signed George McCloud yesterday.  By my count that brings their
> roster to 16(!) players.  Now assuming they can't trade any of the
players
> that they have signed this FA period until 60 days into the season (that
> would mean Cliff Robinson, George Mcloud, Kevin Johnson and Rex Chapman)
> they still have way too many players (by my calculations, Seattle and
> Sacramento have 15 players each under contract).
>
> Any idea what the Suns (or Kings and Seattle for that matter) might be up
to?

> The Suns have:
>
> 3 Point Guards (Johnson, Jason Kidd, who'll probably start together,
Steve Nash)
> 2 Shooting Guards (Wesley Person, Rex Chapman-who can move to the 3)
> 5 Small Forwards (Ced Ceballos & Robinson, who'll both start, McCloud,
Tony
> Dumas and Tom Chambers-I guess you could say he's a 4, but he's also like
> 40 years old)
> 4 Power Forwards (Danny Manning, Mark Bryant, Horacio Llamas and William
> Cunningham (Who?))
> 2 Power Forwards disguised as Centers (John "Hot Rod" Williams and Loren
Meyer)

> Throw in Stephen Jackson, a PF & a JUCO transfer who practiced w/ the
Suns