Re: KNIGHT and THE CHIEF -Reply -Reply

As for Parish was he voted in the top 50 ?  Idefinitely disagree with the
comments that he was a great rebounder,directed the defense, and was
that great a defensive player ?  McHale and his long arms caused much
more of a defensive problem.

Chief was a key role player but he was not an Olajuwon  or Robinson
type dominant center or defensive threat inside, just lucky to play with
the likes of Bird & McHale.

Bird and Mchale both commented on how important chief was to the
defense.  The center has to watch what the offense is doing, call out
picks, and direct the defense accordingly.  Chief was one of the best at
it at least if you respect LJB's opinion.  As someone pointed out, the
Celtics lost a higher proportion of games without Chief, than without
McHale or without Bird.

As for rebounding, I think he is in the top 5 of all time.

Olajuwon is also one of the greatest of all time.  I would agree that
Hakeem is better.  Robinson has zero championships, Chief has three.=20
But in any case you are comparing three centers who are all in the top
10 centers of all time and the top 50 players of all time (yes the big thre=
were all there).