Re: Mills trade

Alex Wang wrote:

> So Mills got traded earlier than I predicted. Brooks has already
> been waived. The other three players, McCarty, Jones, Thomas will
> definitely not be waived - they each have definite trade value.
> It also looks like Cunningham is going to be waived since there is
> superior frontcourt talent now.

Assuming they waive Cunningham (they will, Pitino said it after the
game) and Brooks (they already did). They have the following on their
roster:

Barros
Billups
Brown
Bowen
DeClerq
Edney
Ellison
Jones
Knight
Massenburg
McCarty
Mercer
Minor
Thomas
Walker

I think Minor, Edney, and Bowen will be waived.

Reasons:
Bowen, despite his good performance, might be waived because he doesn't
have a guaranteed contract.
Minor doesn't look too good in Pitino's system.
Edney - size.

McCarty looks like an inside player and he looks tough. (Walker can't do
all the work on the inside!) The other two are probably garbage.