Re: The TRADE

Thank you, Rick Pitino and Chris Wallace.  Mills is a nice player, but
Walter McCarty is bigger and potentially nicer.  He's got height (a
legit 6'11") and has a tremendous work ethic.  Thomas and/or Jones may
help too, though it's tough to see where they'll fit in.

The obvious question now is what the C's will do with all these players
- -- apparently they've already cut Brooks, whom NY will probably re-sign
tomorrow.  Even if the C's let Cunningham go, don't they still have 15
guaranteed multi-year contracts?  Is there another deal in the works?
Are Edney, Minor, Bowen, Massenburg and/or DeClerq feeling any heat
right now?

And while I know it's only 5 games into the preseason for a 21 year old
point guard, could Billups look any MORE lost out there?  Far be it from
me to give up on anyone this quickly -- much less a #3 overall pick --
but thoughts of a Duncan/Wesley combination did cross my mind this
evening.  No use crying over spilt ping pong balls, I suppose.  Hey --
at least Mercer's starting to look good, and Travis Knight sure as hell
ain't no Jim McIlvaine.

Michael Gooen