Re: Pre-Season to date

 From: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>

>Hopefully a lot of the current problems are due to the jitters and
>unfamiliarity with each other.

Well! that and remember that RP ran all these guys in the training camp
until they would drop. Other than Walker, the only guys who are playing well
are the ones who were in the camp but didn't practice because of some
ailment or other i.e. Knight, Ellison etc.

> The lack of outside shooting is disturbing.

Cedric Maxwell during WEEI broadcasts was saying that most of them didn't
have their legs and hence were shooting short. I hope to see a dramatic
improvement in wednesday's game.

> We need to have this to free up some of the inside  game to be
competitive.

We need an Otis Thorpe type player. DC could be the answer but from all
reports it looks like philly might keep DC. Armon Gilliam could be worth
looking up, he is big and physical but mayn't be able to run. The Bucks are
already fed up with him and maybe willing to deal him for Greg Minor or Dana
Barros.

>I am still unsure Billups will be the answer for a few years.

Far too early to judge Billups and Mercer. Billups in the last game did show
flashes with devastating cross-over move, so looks like the tools are there
but he needs to learn the system first. Mercer on the other hand has
demonstrated his atheleticism, but the range is not there..which should
comeback once his legs do.
                                                                   - Mishra