Re: Point Guard

- ----------

<Pine.GSO.3.96.970529190133.1556C-100000@elaine11.Stanford.EDU>,
> > Mic
> > hael Joseph Byrnes said:

else is going to play point Barros ?  Brown ? I don't think so.

> > > Why not?
> > >
> > Because neither one can play the point, silly...they are both miserable
at  it.  It takes more than lack of height to play point guard.

> You're exaggerating.  In the past, Brown has played the point on better
C's teams than the one we will see next year.  Granted, he is not as "true"
point guard, but he has played decently there in the past.  Barros has also
played the point before, though he is more of a shooter.

> Neither is ideally suited to the point, of course.  But, both are still
decent players with some of the skills needed to be a point guard.  And I
am sure that Pitino can get more out of both of them than ML Carr or Chris
Ford was able to.

Neither of these guys is can play point.  A points job is to direct the
flow & make the other players better.  They can't even make themselves
better & are just remnants of regimes we would like to forget, but can't
for a couple of years because there aren't any takers.