Re: Wesley $3million?

Jan Crocker wrote:

> The local paper the Herald is reporting that David Wesley might be willing
> to sign a one year 3million (market value) contract while the C's try to
> unload other long term contracts. Wesley's agent Catapano said that he's
> wide open on this and would like to get something done before July 1. Stay
> tuned.
> JC

I say we pay 2.5 million for him, no more.  Sure the guy had good stats
and he is a good player, but we simply don't have the room under the cap
to sign him!  Besides if we were to sign him I would prefer that it was
some kind of long-term deal.  I hate these freaking one year contracts.
The NBA should make a rule that players signed to contracts should have
to sign for at least 3 years.  Sure there could be some exceptions like
ten-day contracts and non-drafted rookies, but for the most part I think
this would be a good idea.

Tim