trade rumor, etc...

          I guess the 3,6,Dino for 2 and Stackhouse deal depends on
          how much you think of Battie and Stackhouse. Battie may fill
          a need, but he may be a bust -- the same as any draft pick.
          With Stack, you know what you're getting -- a shooting guard
          who can't shoot. He's big and explosive, but not a good
          shooter or defender -- but maybe Pitino thinks he can be.

          What can you get at 3 and 6? Mercer (who it seems the Celts
          don't really want), Van Horn? Thomas? Daniels? Billups?
          Foyle? Let's face it, all have question marks attached.

          In giving up Radja you eliminate one of those long,
          seemingly untradable contracts. But a front line of Battie,
          Walker and Williams is woefully undersized. A
          Battie-Walker-Vin Baker front line, however, would be
          formidable.

          I guess I have mixed emotions. I was excited about the
          possibility of adding Mercer/Battie and maybe Van Horn in
          the draft, but I like the idea of getting a center for the
          future and a proven commodity at 2 guard (our other glaring
          weakness)

          Also, if the rumors of the Celts' interest in Howard Eisley
          are correct, then it would be a terrific acquisition. Anyone
          else as impressed with him as I am? He has been great for
          the Jazz off the bench.

          Mark