Re: Vin Baker ~smokescreen?

Well if he doesn't want to play Center then that could be a problem.  A
center is what we need.  We already have a starting caliber PF in Radja,
who is signed on a long term deal.  Plus, the draft is stacked in Forwards
(McGrady, Van Horn, Thomas, etc.), so we obviously do not need another
forward and if we did we could just take one in the draft, it would be a
lot cheaper.  What we need is a Center, a shooting guard, and a backup
point guard (and a point guard if we don't resign Wesley).  Now it would be
great if we could get a good Center and Shooting guard out of the draft and
then re-sign Wesley, so that is what I am hoping will happen.

Tim

>I think he has previously said he doesn't want/like/prefer to play center
>and if I remember correctly, when the Bucks used him as one for an extended
>period of time, a year or 2 back, he got a bit "miffed".
>
>>previously that I'd ~love~ to see Baker on the team.  Some on the list pencil
>>him in at center. Is he a center?  I know he plays forward for Milw., but
>>does
>>he have the body,temperment and skills to play center night in and night
>>out?

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: