Re: McGrady

I didn't say that McGrady wasn't worth a shot, I just said that I think he
is a risk.  Personally I would not mind if we chose him.  I would much
rather have McGrady than Tim Thomas.  I guess you are right, O'Neal is not
a "huge flop", but I do think he has been a dissapointment.  He could still
become an impact player, but for the most part I think he will not.  O'Neal
even admits that he made a mistake by going straight to the NBA.  In an
interview I saw earlier in the year on NBC he said something like "I wish I
had gone to college instead".

Actually before we jump the gun on McGrady, does anybody know what kind of
guy he is?  I don't envision the Celtics drafting druggies and slackers, so
if he is one of those kinds of guys then maybe we should reconsider his
worth.

Tim

>I agree that McGrady is a risk, but i think it's worth a shot.  It could be
>the opportunity to grab a kid with a lot of raw talent.  Pitino is used to
>dealing with kids his age and developing them.
>
>And i don't see why you are calling Jermaine O'Neal a "huge flop".  He's
>only had one season in the league, and he only got 10 minutes per game
>playing time.  He came into the league too early but he is talented and he
>could still develop into a great player with more time and experience.
>It's too early to call him a "huge flop".  If we take McGrady i wouldn't
>necessarily expect him to be any better as a rookie than O'Neal is.
>Hopefully he would be, but long term sucess is more important than it is
>for him to step in and be an impact player from day 1.
>
>Jeff

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: