Re: Draft

>I doubt that's the reason Pitino didn't play Anderson.  I think the real
>reason Anderson didn't play (and i have no confirmation of this, it's just
>a hunch) is that it was sort of a punishment.  One night during the season,
>Anderson was caught at 4am running a red light and it was found that he was
>driving on a suspended licence (that part i know is true).  Pitino is the
>type of guy who wouldn't stand for that type of thing, although there was
>never any mention of any punishment.  My hunch is that Anderson was
>suspended for what he did, but that Pitino used his injury as the official
>reason so that it wouldn't reflect negatively on Anderson or the team.

Then what would've been Pitino's point to let Anderson take two technical
foul shots during the semi-final game vs Minnesota.. There goes the
punishment theory. Pitino didn't think that anyone could recover that fast
from a torn ACL, even though the doctors said he was fine. What Pitino told
Anderson, was " Keep in shape and get ready for the NBA Draft Workouts." He
didn't want to risk another injury costing him a career.

Alex

Alex Caporicci
alexcap@odyssee.net