Re: Foyle & Daniels

- ----------
> From: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>
> To: Celtics <celtics@igtc.COM>
> Subject: Foyle & Daniels
> Date: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 5:11 AM
>
> O.k  we need the real scoop on Adonal Foyle & Antonio Daniels.
>

> The people I know  who have seen them play a lot say Daniels is a keeper,

> Foyle a Benoit Benjamin type project.
>
> Anyone out there with a good inside scoop ?

I can't write about Daniels, but I've seen Foyle play live on three
different occasions during his junior year of college.  Although he has
potential, he's definitely a project.

His pro's are:
- -Big, built body (judging by looking at him i'm guessing that his
percentage body fat is in the single digits)

- -good athlete.  he's mobile and he can jump.

- -Good reflexes and instincts. this helps his rebounding and shot blocking.

- -Good potential.  He knows he has a lot to learn and is very willing to do
so.  His best basketball is definitley ahed of him, and there's no telling
how good it can be.

- -Good personality.  you don't have to worry about any attitude or off-court
problems that you may have to worry about with other players.

His cons:
- -hasn't played competitive basketball very long.  He still needs to learn
some basic post moves and  fundamentals.

- -not very well coached over his career.  Going to Colgate was a big stunt
to his basketball development.  He was already behind in his basketball
development due to his late start, and the Colgate coaching staff isn't
exactly the staff of choice to develop an NBA prospect.

- -misses easy shots.  each of the three games i saw him he missed some easy
shots taken from around the basket.

- -has trouble dealing with a double-team.  He was in the top 5 of the
Patriot league in turnovers, most came when he was doubleteamed.

- -poor free throw shooter.  This goes back to what i was saying about his
fundamentals.

There you have it

Jeff