Re: Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow

At 01:10 PM 5/19/97 +1000, Chris Mathew wrote:
>kjgoo wrote:
>>
>> If I remember correctly, we have at least one Aussie subscriber on this
>> list.  Does he/she or anyone else know anything about this Chris
>> Anstey dude (the 7' center from the Australian Pro League)?  Leventhal
>> has him slotted at the top of the second round.
>
>He would probably be a good pick in the second round. I've seen him play
>a number of times and even though he doesn't look that good, He is
>athletic, can run the floor well for a big man and he is improving all
>the time. His stats would probably look better if he was used more
>instead of some other veteran center. These are his stats so far this
>year in the NBL for South-East Melbourne:
>
>G  FGA  FGM  PCT  FTA  FTM  PCT  BLK  AST  STL  TO  PPG
>6  65   35  .538  26   18  .692   5    5    5   12  14.8

I have an Australian buddy, Stuart Hodge, that thinks quite highly of him.
He sent me a tape about a week ago that had footage of him, but it was a
couple of years old. Still, he looked like he had NBA calibre skills, and
he's almost certainly developed since then.

I think that if Anstey makes himself available this year (Stuart thinks it
may be next year), he'll be worth taking a look at. I might alos mention
that Philly screwed over Mark Bradtke this year by not giving him the PT. He
has NBA skills as well.

	 	    ______________      __   ___   ___
	 	   |              \    /  | |   | |   |
	 	   |___     ___    \  /   | |   | |   |
	 	       |   |   |    \/    | |   |_|   |

			     Jon Michael Hamm
			  JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu

    	3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
    	     Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
      		Illiterate?  Write today for free help!