No Larry No Cry

	From everything I've read and heard, I don't think Pitino really
wanted Larry after being given full control.  Pitino will want a
workhorse, behind the scenes type of general manager who will negotiate
contracts and trades before getting Pitino's final approval.  And that
makes sense to have one guy calling the shots- if you have faith in Rick
Pitino.

	On the trade suggestions, I can't see the Bucks trading Baker to
us unless they get Duncan or Walker and the Dallas pick.  He still has two
years left on his contract.  And even if they decide to dump him before it
expires, they will be able to get a package similar to what Charlotte got
for Alonzo.

	They way I see it if you trade down with the Dallas pick, you're
taking a big chance that you'll miss out on an impact player and be stuck
with a role player.  So the only way we should do this is if we can unload
deadwood.  If Pitino can find a way to clear cap space (which would
probably require the tough decision of letting Wesley go), I think he can
lure Penny Hardaway here next year.  Drafting Billups would help ease the
loss of losing Wesley.  But there is no one they can get this year who
will make up for Welsey's great attitude and work ethic.  If they resign
him he should definitely be team captain.  The only potential downside I
see with Billups is that he might be a little lacking in quickness, and he
hasn't proven that he can run the show as a point guard.  But then again,
he is only a sophomore.

	Lastly, thanks Bentz for the Xavier stories.  Getting inside
information makes subscribing to the list worthwile.  If Cassell wants out
of New Jersey, I think Charlotte would be his best bet.

	Post-lastly, when Indiana resigned Miller and the Davis brothers
last year, they went way over the cap.  How will Walsh and Bird sign their
lottery pick?  What do people think of a Barros for Brent Price trade?
Actually it would probably be terrible since Brent has six years left and
hasn't proven he can come back from his injury.  At least we're not he
only team with deadwood. :)

Jeremy