Iverson and point guards

I don't know about that. Iverson isn't a very likable guy and it became
vogue to trash him as the season went on, but I don't think the NBA has had
a rookie with his explosive offensive skills since Michael Jordan. What was
he, seventh in the league in scoring this year? Yes, I know the Sixers were
terrible and I know he takes too many shots, but the guy was a scoring
machine this year in what should have been his junior year of college.
What's he going to be like when he hits his prime in five or six years, when
he gets stronger and learns the NBA game?

Obviously he needs to work on making himself PART OF the offense, instead of
THE offense. But that can be taught.

And despite his small size, he'll be a tremendous defensive player. He was
named the Big East defensive player of the year in each of his two seasons
at Georgetown.

In the Philly coach's parting comments after he was fired, he said that
Iverson was one of the few players on the team who had a winning attitude
and he was a joy to coach.

So from that point guard list, I wouldn't give up Payton and Penny Hardaway,
and I'd have to think about Marbury, Kidd or Brandon, but if I had any other
PG I'd deal him in a second for Iverson.