Pitino Article

>I just went to ESPNET and there was a headline that Pitino wanted a =
long
>term contract with Kentucky.  To read the article you have to have a
<snipped>

bentz and all,

the full article (like most ESPNet 'members only' news stories) can be =
found on the 'AP on the globe Online - NBA' link from the Globe's sport =
section.

My reading of Pitino's comments is that he's perhaps looking for a way =
out of Kentucky after having made the pathological liar comment and is =
going to use the long-term contract idea as an excuse to get out of =
there (or else he's just striking while the iron is hot to get more =
money from Kentucky).  Not sure that I like the games hes playing but =
wouldn't Riley (or even Red) use whatever leverage he has to get the =
best deal?  Perhaps the C's need someone with this kind of guts to make =
some deals for the organisation

Paul Whitla
Hong Kong

I think he said something to the effect of..

Either sign a long term contract or make a decision soon, because all of
the speculation isn't good for the stability of Kentucky basketball and
that is what he is concerned with.

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y