What is Pitino thinking?

	Yes damekmo we definitally get to call Pitino a pathological liar
if he comes to Boston (or leaves Kentucky in general).  I remember him
saying that he was 100% sure he would be in Kentucky next year and that he
didn't want to be a pathological liar like John Calipari.  And he also
said that the only way he would come to the C's is if Larry is calling the
shots.

	Because of that I doubt he'll be our next coach.  And I don't care
if Peter May has a source that says there's a 95% chance of Pitino coming
here.  As someone else stated Peter May always seems to be reaching when
he makes these bold predictions.  Peter May tries to make the news instead
of trying to report it.

	With that said I would love to see Pitino coach here next year.
He would have to overcome a bit of a credibility problem, but other than
that he is the best person for the job.

	Moving on to this Stephen Jackson thread, this is the first I've
heard of him.  All of the quotes about him being better than Mercer and
Stackhouse make me weary of high schoolers in general.  There's no way to
predict how someone will handle jumping from high school to the pros.
Taking him or McGrady with the sixth pick in the draft is a huge risk.  If
we can work out a three way deal with Cleveland and another team where we
unload Dee and the Dallas pick (and anyone other than Walker) for one of
the Cleveland picks and a 9 or 10 pick, we should pull the trigger
(assuming the Dallas pick doesn't win the lottery) and then maybe take a
chance on one of the high school phenoms.

	Ideally this would give us a shot at getting Duncan (#1), Cato
(#9), and McGrady (#13, his stock might slip if people believe Stephen
Jackson is better).  Then it would be okay to do whatever it takes to
resign Wesley because the talent base will be in place.  Of course this is
all a bit of a pipe dream, but that's what the mailing list is for!!!

Jeremy