Re: Pitino's a mistake

>     I'm so tired of people pigeonholing Pitino as a "college coach"
when he worked wonders with the Knicks when he was there.  The only reason
it didn't work out better was the Knicks'  reluctance to give him more
control of the basketball
>           operations. Instead, they made Stu Jackson their coach and we
all know how well that worked. They had to bring in Pat Riley to fix
things. As far as Walker is concerned, first  of all, don't read too much
into the Globe's statement. That   was an anonymous quote that may or may
not be accurate.  Walker never has said anything negative about Pitino. And
if he does, who cares? I like Walker, but I like Pitino even better. If
Pitino is hired and Antoine wants to leave, I'm  sure he'll fetch a nice
return in a trade. I can't believe    anyone would not want Pitino coaching
the Celtics -- anyone  but a Knicks or Lakers fan that is. -- Mark

Mark, I agree Pitono was very successful and is great at talent evaluation
which the Celtics need badly. I will take a successful college coach over a
former player with no experience any day.  As for Walker if he can't stand
the heat, move him to Milwaukee for Baker who has a better attitude.  He
probably knows he can't get away with the crap he did with
M.L.

As I have said before, if he does not land in Boston, he will revive
showtime in L.A. and then we will really be regretting it.