Re: Walker

- ----------
> From: Caleb J. McArthur <cmcarthu@umich.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Walker
> Date: Thursday, March 27, 1997 9:38 AM
>
> On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 JOzersky@aol.com wrote:
>
> > interesting and illuminating post, until you became deranged and
suggested we
> > trade Walker.  I suspect you must have been on an ether binge at the
time.
> >  Unless we get Tim Ducan, Walker is the franchise for the next ten
years.
> >   Even then, he will have a Pippin/McHale like role in our success.
>
> first of all, in my scenario we did get Duncan AND Mercer.  Second of
all,
> we traded Walker and Radja, but got Baker and Ray Allen (he can flat out
> shoot); that is value for value in my mind.  How do you see us coming up
> short? Thirdly, Am I the only one who has noticed that Walker cannot
> shoot, or am I the only one is who concerned about it.  When the Celtics
> of the 80s won championships they had the highest FG% in the league, the
> highest FT% in the league, and the most assists per game in the league.
> Walker cannot shoot and he has more turnovers than assists.  He is a very
> good rebounder, but so is Baker.

I have to go with Caleb on this one.  I would be satisfied with a Walker &
Radja move for Baker & Allen.  We would be basically moving Walker &
unloading Dino's Salary, and gaining Baker & Allen two good young players.

1. Wesley
2.  Allen
3.  Mercer
4.  Baker
5.  Duncan

This would be a pretty impressive lineup.  But if we can get Baker in 2
years as a free agent should we wait ?