Walker

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

> interesting and illuminating post, until you became deranged and suggested we
> trade Walker.  I suspect you must have been on an ether binge at the time.
>  Unless we get Tim Ducan, Walker is the franchise for the next ten years.
>   Even then, he will have a Pippin/McHale like role in our success.

first of all, in my scenario we did get Duncan AND Mercer.  Second of all,
we traded Walker and Radja, but got Baker and Ray Allen (he can flat out
shoot); that is value for value in my mind.  How do you see us coming up
short? Thirdly, Am I the only one who has noticed that Walker cannot
shoot, or am I the only one is who concerned about it.  When the Celtics
of the 80s won championships they had the highest FG% in the league, the
highest FT% in the league, and the most assists per game in the league.
Walker cannot shoot and he has more turnovers than assists.  He is a very
good rebounder, but so is Baker.

CJM