Re: On Bird and Gaston, et al.

> Just once more...please, Carr was supposed to tank this season.
> Convenient?...sure. But I'm beginning to question the faith Bob Ryan had in
> the Boston fans when he said something about them being intelligent enough
> to understand that the team had to have a really bad season in order to
> begin rebuilding. What was it McHale said...reach high, aim low. Please,
> the guy's record indicates nothing this year. Carr has given you all
> Duncan. Look guys, Carr is not Jerry West or Pat Riley, but he deserves
> better than being replaced by some guy who spent the last few years living
> like my grandfather after retirement. How about this, ML moves back
> upstairs, DJ becomes the coach, and Larry joins KC as assistant coach. He
> could probably actually go to some college games when the team was on the
> road. And as for Pitino?..are you sure he's better than Chris Ford.
> Wait...how 'bout Pat Summitt of the Lady Vols at UT...she's won more than
> Big Rick.
>
> Paul M.
Pitino is a proven winner at the college & NBA level.What kind of an
idiotic comment is that!Was your grandfather one of the best players the
NBA has ever seen?No coach tries to lose any games & if he does who
would want someone with a non-winning attitude anyway!We need a proven
winner at coach(Pitino) not DJ.You don't make a coaching decision based
on race!Larry Bird is my idol but I wouldn't want him to be the head
coach either because what we need right now is a proven winner
(Pitino)!Mark my words.If we get Pitino we will win a championship by
the year 2000!