The situation

I will give you my interpretation of Larry's comments.  He is basically
saying he wants to run the Celtics; to be the one with the final decisions.
He wants Pitino to coach. He would find a place for ML in some other
capacity(he would be a great assistant coach or back in the marketing area).
He doesn't want to coach the Celtics because he feels he either deserves to
be running the show instead of ML or he doesn't think much of ML's GM
abilities. He is now threatening to even coach anyplace else(even though he
just 2 days ago and all along has said he didn't want to) just to get Gaston
to take action.
The thing is, I don't understand ML's comments. He says "wait until the end
of the season for personnel changes". Does he plan on being the hero he would
be by stepping aside and allowing Larry to take over? He has also said "I'm
not going anywhere". So then is he going to be a egomaniac and just hire
somebody else to coach like DJ or M. Jarvis or Mike Fratello and keep the GM
position or worse yet, stay as coach and GM? I would like think that  if he
was planning on bringing in Larry or Pitino in he would have called them by
now to let them know of his intentions at the end of the year so they don't
line up something somewhere else.
This family power struggle could end up being ugly and bloody with our
beloved Celtics in the middle. Frankly, if Gaston lets Bird and/or Pitino get
away, I will give up the Celtics after religiously following them for over 25
years. Reason: they will have shown they no longer care about being the top
NBA team and are now only interested in making a buck.....