carr

Some of my opinions:

1) Derek Anderson will not be around for our second round pick. He is too
much of a risk for our first round pick but there's no hope he'll be there
in the second.

2) Second round picks or even late first round picks don't usually make a
big impact on a team or even make a team.  So, the idea with our second
round pick is to take the best player available and hope he makes it. Last
year we needed size so we took Hamer. Well what good is his size if he
will never play any productive minutes.  For this reason I think Victor
Page would be a good gamble because the kid can shoot and play defense.

3) Everyone needs to stop pointing fingers at who selected Walker, or made
the Montross deal or anything else.  The point is the Celtics made these
deals and the credit as well as the blame should go to everyone involved.
Red needs someone to take over and Gavitt wasn't the answer and neither is
Carr.  Maybe it is Bird maybe not, but we need to find someone who can
take control and get this organization moving forward again.  The problem
with ML is he can't control his impulses(just like when he was a player).
This can be great but can also be bad.  As a GM you can't just act on an
impulse and sign the first available free agent(Wilkins, Barros). You need
to take a step back and look at the organization, where it is, and what it
needs.  You need to use your head not your impulses.  In no way to we need
an overpaid aging superstar or a small one year all-star.  We need to
draft well and build around these picks. Then in a couple of years when we
have our nucleus is when we sign an older veteran star to help us win a
championship.  That is how it is done, and ML is way to impulsive and
impatient to do this.  I think Bird can do it, and obviously Pitino would
be an excellent choice.

 Christopher R. Gee