GM-Bird

Did anyone see the Larry Bird interview on the pre-game on Sportschannel? I
missed the first part. On what I saw, man, he doesn't hold back!  He said he
would want to call all the shots if he was put in charge. He said if he
wanted a player and the coach wanted a player, he would want it to happen. He
also said he wasn't as hot on Van Horn as he was last year. He said something
about Van Horn's tendency to drift outside. He, of course, liked Duncan's
rebounding and outlets as his strengths. He liked Mercer but returned the
question  by asking if he could play the 2 spot. He also mentioned liking
Battie.  They again asked him about his previous statement of the Celts
needing a 20 point a night 2 guard. He said Minor was basically a three and
we need a player that can score at the 2 like Glen Rice..
Why is he in Boston now? Is he there to begin to take over the reins? Why is
Pitino seemingly politicing for the Celts coaching job? Seems like to me a
match made in heaven.
Please respond if you heard the first part of the interview!!!