Caleb J. McArthur wrote:

> > RACE wrote:
> > >

> > > He [Isiah Thomas] was a media star at Indiana and sustained it
> > > but his game in the NBA never reached "Superstar"
> > > status.
> >
> > I'd be curious to hear Caleb McArthur's reaction to Race's opinion -- if
> > I remember correctly, Caleb is stuck in Piston country.
> >
> > Michael Gooen
>
> First of all, I hate the Pistons.  Why?  Because they are not the Celtics.
> Secondly, I hate Thomas because of his absurd remark about Larry Bird
> being just another player if he were black.  I never really thought that
> Thomas was a superstar, but I was comapring him to Jordan, Bird, Magic,
> Kareem, Dr. J., etc.  However, I will say this about him:  if you needed a
> clutch basket, or someone to take over on offense for a key stretch of the
> game, he was in the same category as those players.  That is a big reason
> why the Pistons won two championships.  You need that kind of a player to
> win.  I don't think Duncan is going to be that kind of a player.  Maybe
> Mercer will.
>
> CJM

Caleb, I hope you didn't think I was slandering you by tagging you as a Pistons fan -- all I assumed was
that you've had more exposure to Isiah's game then those of us who aren't living in Michigan.

I respectfully disagree with your view of Duncan.  I think he's the real deal.  As far as Mercer is
concerned, Antoine apparently dislikes him, and the last thing this team needs is discord.  Let's hope the
C's come up with a lottery twofer and that Duncan and Van Horn help turn Eric Williams into the next great
Celtic 6th man.

Michael Gooen