Re: Dallas Pick

> Mishra stated:

> It will be a mistake to move down, I say move up, the C's can throw in
Dino
> Radja and if that doesn't cut, it then trade Eric Williams along with the
> Dallas pick which I belive should be no higher than 7 in order of finish.
> mean here is their one chance to get two franchise players in one year
they
> should do whatever it takes to make that happen.
>                                                                      -

I am not sure if there are really more than 2-3 franchise players in this
draft, so 4-10 there is not much difference, especially if Lafrentz,
Billups, Jamison, & Thomas enter and alot of the players available are at
the 3 & 4 which we have fairly decent players.  That doesn't mean we can't
draft for trade value to fill our needs.

I was originally in favor of trading Fox or Williams but they have played
well recently, not as consistent as I would like to see, but we could do a
lot worse.

With Fox, Williams & Walker we have some good forwards, add a few low post
players (Duncan, Battie, Foyle, etc.)  and a scoring 2 (Willoughby,
Billups, Carr, Freeman, free agent ?) and a big backup point (Daniels,
Garris, Wheat,Simon,) a we will have a pretty good young nucleus.

As our experience with Dee Brown & barros has shown, their won't be many
takers for Radja & his salary especially coming off a season ending injury.