Re: Wesley

- ----------
> From: Jeremy P. Ryan <jeryan@mailbox.syr.edu>
> To: Celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Wesley
> Date: Thursday, March 20, 1997 11:41 AM
>

>    I think we might as well say our goodbyes to David Wesley while we
> have the chance. Although he has been pretty much the lone bright spot in
> an otherwise dismal year, he will probably be gone over the summer. He is
> a free agent, and the Celtics cannot afford to re-sign him for what he
> deserves unless they get rid of Brown or Barros (or hopefully both). I
> have read that Charlotte will make a run for Wesley or Cassell in the
> offseason, since Muggsy is probably done.

I believe the Celtics can go over the cap to re-sign wesley, so they could
offer him more than anyone.  Whether they will after our experience with
Barros & Brown is the question.  If they can't keep him they better be
looking at Antonio Daniels, Garris, Billups, Woolridge, I don't think their
are any decent free agent point guards besides Cassell, & he wants $5M-7M.