Re: Wesley

  Obviously the Celtics have enough money to sign Wesley, in the bank as
well as under the salary cap. My point was that with the big contracts
given to Barros, Brown, and Minor, it would be foolish to spend that money
on another guard, even if he deserves it the most. That is why I think he
will be gone, unless one of the above three can be unloaded (especially
Brown or Barros, since they serve the same purpose, basically). If the
Celtics do re-sign Wesley for $3-4 million per, that will soak up almost
all cap money and leave the Celtics in a bind for the rest of the decade.
  As for Charlotte, Pierce and Royal are free agents (read: gone), Bogues
might retire because of his knee, and Mason just signed a big 4-5 year
deal before last season. They want to lock Divac up for a while, but
because of the Larry exception (which you guys so kindly reminded me of,
like I didn't know) they can wait until they sign other people like
a point guard before worrying about him. As long as they don't fuck it up
like Miami did with Mourning/Howard/Brown/Hardaway last summer.

- -Jeremy