>Comments: Authenticated sender is <rkdecamp@mailbox.syr.edu>
>From: "Raymond DeCampo" <rkdecamp@mailbox.syr.edu>
>To: Celtics@igtc.COM
>Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 21:35:21 +0000
>Sender: owner-celtics@igtc.COM
>

>My God it's really happening.  We've started to measure success by
>draft picks.  We've crossed the line as fans.  We've joined the ranks
>of the Mavs and Clippers (having a subpar year this season) who
>aspire to have the #1 pick every year.  They've had many great
>seasons chasing the elusive title of the first pick in the draft.
>They worship the repeat champions Orlando Magic.  Now we can join
>their ranks rooting for #1 picks year after year.  Toss out the
>sixteen 'championships' the Celtics have won over the years--we're
>still looking for our first championship in this arena.
>
>Well, you can root against Boston for the rest of the year but I hope
>they win every game from here on out.  I can't take Bizarro
>Basketball anymore!!!!
>
>Ray

        Hey Ray-
                The fact is we are all rooting for the C's, but even if
they win every other game this year, they will still be in contention for
the #1 pick.  How can you not be excited about the draft.  Are you excited
about their record?  If not, then we can be excited about improving our
team with the draft.  If you think we want the men in green to lose every
night then you are sadly mistaken.
                                                Erik