At  9:35 PM 97.3.8 +0000, Raymond DeCampo wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:49:54 -0500 (EST)
>> From: Christopher Gee <cgee@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
>> Subject: jason smith
>>

>> Obviously the team with the best record doesn't necessarily get the
>> #1 pick.
>
>My God it's really happening.  We've started to measure success by
>draft picks.  We've crossed the line as fans.  We've joined the ranks
>of the Mavs and Clippers (having a subpar year this season) who
>aspire to have the #1 pick every year.

Oh come on...... "every year"?  I don't remember any season when the Celts
aspired to be the worst team in the league until this year. Personally, I
think if this sets the Celts up to be a top team again I don't mind
watching them lose, esp. since they seem to be are giving it their best.
This is what Cedric Maxwell said about this year's team v.s. the '78 - '79
team. The '78 - '79 team didn't try and had poor chemistry. This year's
team may not have the talent, but still has pride.

- -Marc