Re: No Subject

>JOzersky stated:
>
> I think Van Horn is a mistake there -- if im taking a forward, its
Jamison,
> but I am taking Battie before either of them.  Foyle has to go higher
too, if
> he is as good as Battie, and he seems to be better.  What gives?

If you watched Van Horn against TCU tonight you can see why he is so highly
regarded.  IMO he is the best all-around player in the nation.  There is
nobody else who averages 20 points 10 rebounds, has a 40 inch vertical, can
shoot the three, can play D, and has the court sense he has.  He is the
real thing very reminiscent of Larry Legend, but a better athlete.  When
the game is on the line, he wants the ball.

Yes the WAC is not the strongest competition, but  Indiana St.'s conference
was not a powerhouse.  I hate to compare anyone to Larry, but this kid can
do it all.  He isn't pretty, but gets the job done.

I know I'll receive some flames, but if I land #1, and Philly lands
VanHorn, I would seriously discuss a Duncan & say Minor for Van Horn &
Stackhouse trade,  and take a Foyle, Battie or Jamison who we can trade,
with the Dallas pick, Scott Pollard or Doleac (is he a Sr. ?) with the
second rounder, Go get Bobby Phills or Sam Cassell as a free agent.

Duncan is great but just one person, can you imagine a lineup of:

Foyle or Battie	 Pollard ? Doleac ? Ellison
Walker
Van Horn	E.W
Stackhouse	Phills ?
Wesley 	Casell ?

It is unfortunate we won't see Battie in the tournament now that Texas Tech
has forfeited something like 12 games due to ineligible players.