No Subject

>What we need is a center.  M.L. should take a look at how the cast does
>w/ a superstar C before shipping everyone out.
>
>Lineup:
>
>C    Duncan     Ellison
>PF   Walker     Radja
>SF   Williams   Minor
>SG   Fox        Day
>PG   Wesley     Barros
>
>This team could compete.  The Dallas pick should be used to get help up
>front.

I like this lineup, but I'd have to make a modification to two lines:

SF  Williams  Fox
SG  Minor   ?Draft Pick?

With those ten players, I guess that leaves us with Dee Brown and
(hopefully) some sort of center project at the end of the bench (I say
this because Ellison certainly won't make it through a full season and
I'd hate to drive Duncan into the ground during his rookie season.  I
rather see Szabo or Hamer or somebody cheap get 10 minutes a night for at
least another season and let Duncan learn at a decent pace.)  Trying to
keep someone like Michael Hawkins as a backup PG (maybe on IR), may not
be a bad idea either.  I guess I'm just paranoid by the number and
magnitude of the injuries this season! :)

The more I think about it, the harder it is to find a place for Fox in
the starting lineup.  I do like the attitude and skills he brings to the
team, though.  Definitely a great captain.  I guess I would rotate him
between SG and SF and maybe make him a 6th man off the bench.  Hopefully
he won't try to soak the team in contract renegotiations, though.  He
isn't worth shelling out too much more $$$ for.  Minor should definitely
play SG rather than SF (gives us some size and athleticism at the guard
position).

Day has got to go.  He shoots us out of more games than he keeps us in
and his cap $$$ is going to be crucial if you want to keep Wesley and Fox
on this team (they both are going to have to be resigned at the end of
the season).

Having said this, I would have a team of:

C    Duncan     Ellison
PF   Walker     Radja
SF   Williams   Fox
SG   Minor        Draft Pick (and Fox/Barros can log time here as well)
PG   Wesley     Barros

Bench-warmers:  Brown, Hawkins, Szabo (?) or some cheap, "serviceable"
center.
Gone: Brickowski, Hamer, Lister, Day

This is a team that could make the playoffs.  Not great, but they'd be
real fun to watch.  I'd make it a priority this coming season to free up
cap space, trying to deal Dee first, with Radja and Barros being fair
game as well.  Give this team a year to play, eliminate a few expensive
players like Dee and Dino, sign a couple of free agents in 98 (and a new
coach!) and you have a real solid team.  Of course, if we don't get
Duncan or don't resign Wesley this all changes, doesn't it?  :)

Just my $0.02.