> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:49:54 -0500 (EST)
> From: Christopher Gee <cgee@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
> Subject: jason smith
>

> Obviously the team with the best record doesn't necessarily get the
> #1 pick.

My God it's really happening.  We've started to measure success by
draft picks.  We've crossed the line as fans.  We've joined the ranks
of the Mavs and Clippers (having a subpar year this season) who
aspire to have the #1 pick every year.  They've had many great
seasons chasing the elusive title of the first pick in the draft.
They worship the repeat champions Orlando Magic.  Now we can join
their ranks rooting for #1 picks year after year.  Toss out the
sixteen 'championships' the Celtics have won over the years--we're
still looking for our first championship in this arena.

Well, you can root against Boston for the rest of the year but I hope
they win every game from here on out.  I can't take Bizarro
Basketball anymore!!!!

Ray