Re: Levanthal says Pitino made a mistake

- ----------
> From: Fred Fahey <fred@pet.bgsm.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM; jaytee@itasoft.com
> Subject: Re: Levanthal says Pitino made a mistake
> Date: Friday, June 27, 1997 9:05 AM
>
> It is interesting to me that a lot of people have pondered whether Duncan
at
> 6'11" 250 lb can handle the centers of the NBA.  How do you think Battie
would
> do at 6'11" 225lb?  Battie is an athletic 4 and not a 5, and we already
have an
> athletic 4 in Walker.
>
> Fred

I think Duncan could be a center at the NBA level in time.  He's not 7 feet
but he has VERY long arms.  Battie is probably more suited to be a PF, but
if we took him he could certainly play center with the current makeup of
our team.  Then if we ever got someone better to play center then Battie
could be moved to PF and Walker to SF.

Jeff