Re: Levanthal says Pitino made a mistake

> Don Levanthal, (the guy whose rankings we've been going by and talking
> about for the past year) says that we made a mistake in not getting Tony
> Battie at #3.  He feels that Battie was the second best talent in the
> draft.
>
> PG-Wesley
> SG-Mercer
> SF-Williams
> PF-Walker
> C-Battie
>
> While i'm not dissappinted with the picks Pitino made, I think this lineup
> would flourish in the Pitino system.  I wonder whether Pitino really feels
> that Billups is the man or if he just didn't like Wesley and wanted someone
> else to run the point.

It is interesting to me that a lot of people have pondered whether Duncan at
6'11" 250 lb can handle the centers of the NBA.  How do you think Battie would
do at 6'11" 225lb?  Battie is an athletic 4 and not a 5, and we already have an
athletic 4 in Walker.

Fred